Why do some recruiters NOT advertise a vacancy?
What is the Hidden Job Market?
A little known SECRET is that many recruitment firms do NOT advertise ALL available positions! These hidden open jobs are part of the Hidden Job Market!
You may be thinking…why?
Why would a recruitment firm choose to NOT promote, or advertise an open vacancy they have with one of their clients? That doesn’t seem to make sense. If it is not advertised then how do they find qualified candidates for this open role?
There are many reasons….sometimes the hire is extremely sensitive, sometimes the recruiter has a candidate in mind for the vacancy already in their pool of talent, and there are also times when the search is an active headhunting assignment that requires extreme confidentiality!
Here are some reasons why a recruitment firm may NOT advertise an open role.
- The vacancy may be extremely sensitive. There are many times when a confidential new hire is going to replace someone internally that will be terminated.
- The recruiters may already have a qualified candidate in mind for the open role.
- The vacancy is an open role available only if a top notch qualified candidate passively appears for a super exact match skill set.
- Current employees at the client organization are aware that the employer is engaged with this recruitment firm, and the employer really wants a candidate recruited from outside their organization as opposed to an internal candidate.
- The client (employer) has very aggressive competitors that monitor their job postings, and their preferred recruiters job postings for any kind of competitive advantage.
- Posting a vacancy will give away the clients (employers) strategic path forward.
- Some recruiters will also ensure that all requirements for a role are NEVER publicly listed to avoid extremely savvy jobseekers over tailoring their resume to the job description.
- The vacancy is a headhunting assignment ONLY. The employer is only interested in a very specific list of candidates out there that they have already identified, and have engaged the headhunter to reach out to them confidentially about this role. They have no interest in candidates outside this targeted list of prospects.
- The vacancy may be specific enough for other recruitment firms to know who the client (employer) identity may be. To reduce risk of competition the recruiter may keep this role quite so that their relationship with the employer is not jeopardized by other firms.
- Recruiters, and headhunters may sometimes come across an extremely valuable candidate for one of their clients. Even if the client (employer) doesn’t have an open vacancy, the recruitment firm may present the candidate because their client’s business would greatly benefit from such a hire. In these cases it is not unheard of the for the employer to CREATE a brand new role for such a candidate AFTER they become aware of this candidate valuable skill set.
The hidden job market is REAL, and it is everywhere….ensure you partner with a recruitment firm during your job search so that your skill set is an option for these hidden roles in addition to the posted jobs.
The hidden job market is real, and this is the best place to gain access to it!
The hidden job market...yes it is real!
Yes the hidden job market is real!
How to be part of this hidden job market?
Ensure your are on file with recruitment firms that specialize in your field of expertise, and of course ones that have regular vacancies in the geographic area you wish to find work in. This is the best way to ensure that at a minimum you are part of their talent pool, making your skill set an option for them to consider for public postings and private open roles (the hidden job market)!
Revisit Headhunters Directory on a regular basis as the jobs posted by the recruiting firms here, and opportunities available (public and private), change daily!
Headhunters Directory is the best place to access the public and hidden job market!
HeadhuntersDirectory.com is THE original directory of Headhunters, Recruiters, Staffing Agencies, and Executive Search Firms. We have been publishing this directory for over 20 years now, helping recruiters, employers, and job seekers connect!
We really have one single goal in mind, and that it to ensure there will always be a FREE easy to use online tool to help recruiters, job seekers, and hiring managers connect!
There are no accounts to setup, no passwords to remember, and no membership fees to use this guide! Just a simple easy to use guide to help the job seeker find the next career opportunity, the recruiter find the next great hire, and the hiring manager to find a reputable recruiting firm to assist them in their recruitment efforts for the next great hire!
Simple….Easy…and yes Free!
To date HeadhuntersDirectory has assisted literally millions of jobseekers in the USA, Canada, the UK, Australia and many other locations. Connect with a local recruiting firm during your search for the next career opportunity, or search for the best talent for that vacancy!
The job seekers have been both local and from afar! The jobseekers have been across the entire spectrum from general laborer, to the C suite executive.